Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Stay True - Pacific Showcase Article #2


Hi Friends! This is my second article in last months Pacific Showcase! Keep reading to find out how you can win a free subscription! 

Stay True 

The cry of the warning siren pierces your soul. Your body immediately goes into fight-or-flight mode. The tornado is headed straight towards your neighborhood. Your family rushes down to the basement with you gripping your beloved house pet as you you rush to close the door behind you. 

The howl of the wind, like a freight train in the distance, is the only thing you can hear. As you cuddle your family close, you pray we will all be safe. As the tornado approaches, you can hear the beams of your home creaking with the force of the wind. Suddenly the lights go out, and you hear a window shatter, then another, then another. 

You tighten your hold on your family. You sit helplessly as everything you have worked hard for is ripped away from you. All that matters right now is that you and your family are safe. As the sound dies, you ask "Is everyone okay?" The pit in your chest settles a tick when they answer back, "still breathing…" 

You gather together to walk up the basement stairs, terrified to see the aftermath of the the tornado. You open the door to open sky where once the roof and walls of your house stood. The reality hits and makes it hard to breath, like falling and landing hard on your knees. It knocks the wind from your chest. In the next couple days, people from all over come to help clean up the disaster and offer you a place to sleep, food to eat, and clothing to wear. Their abundance of compassion and love is simply overwhelming. You treated people well and helped others when you had the opportunity. Now the favor is being returned by those you helped, and even by those you have never met. 

I was inspired to write this article by the destruction of the tornadoes in the Midwest. It affected me on a deep emotional level. And I know it is home for a lot of people in the industry. 

Even though I didn't experience the destruction, I can still imagine the would-be loss of my life's work in one instant. Thinking about the disaster, I began to realize all we truly have is our family, friends and our self-defined internal values. 

It made me stop and ask myself.

The value of my word, do I follow through with what I say I will do? The value of my integrity, can I be trusted? The value of my willingness to help others, do I help others when they need my help? The value of my honor, do I live my life with good intentions to help the world and all those who live here? Or do I live with selfish intentions to do good only for myself, no matter the circumstances, and or consequences? The value of staying true, do I stay true to my defined values? Or am I easily swayed by others and material things I want now?

I know no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes from time to time. It's never too late. If you want to live the values I talked about earlier here are some great things to start on today! 

Some of the easies things you can do: give a smile, open a door for someone, and donate change to a less fortunate person. Or if you see one of your peers loading or unloading their trailer, stop and offer to help. Or if you see one of your peers having trouble with a  animal, help them. There will be a day when you will be at the show and you will need the same help. The people you helped will likely be the ones to show up in your time of need. 

These little random acts of kindness could set off a chain reaction that could wrap around the world. They do not cost a things and are easy to do. And you will be surprised at how good they will make you feel! 

The next thing I am going to talk about is in my opinion, the strongest way to stick to your values - Stay True. 

How to stay true you ask? Staying true to your values and morals is really about knowing yourself deep down. You don't need to change your beliefs and actions to be liked and accepted. You don't need to be like someone else. Who you are is brilliant, and it's just what the world needs! Be your authentic self, and see the world take on a whole new meaning . Opportunities to shine and help the world will open up to you!

If you are ever in doubt of what to do, ask yourself: "If everything was taken from me, my house, all of my material things, my livestock, would I still be proud of the person I am?"

It will always keep you on the right track, and help you stay true to who you are and your values!

Thank you for reading my article! In appreciation we are giving away some free subscriptions to Pacific Showcase! All you have to do is share this blog by copying the URL at the top of the page or sharing off Facebook to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and come back here and comment in the comments with your name, email and what state you are from! You can also message us on the Earn Purple Facebook to let us know you shared!
www.facebook.com/earnpurple

With Love,
Whitney


2 comments:

  1. Alyx Hanson from Washington! stayincountry4213@gmail.com
    Such a great article!

    ReplyDelete